2020 BRHL Mock Draft
Version 1....lets see how this goes
First crack at this...rip away Gentlemen.
Based on standings from March 15 and put into the Tankathon draft simulator for order.
1. Calgary Flames - Jack Hughes
This would be a dream scenario for most teams to move up into this slot, but Kevin wants to be competitive. Having to carry a player that might not warrant a roster spot on a competing team makes this a tough decision. If he were to make the pick Hughes is the choice but I highly suspect the Flames would trade out for a bounty.
2. Buffalo Sabres - Kaapo Kakko
Despite not living up to expectations this season the young Finn was starting to look more comfortable. Jared isn’t afraid to go against the grain but would take Kakko here.
3. Florida Panthers - Bowen Byram
Passing on Quinn Hughes at 4 last season (and trading the pick) has left Me still looking for that top pairing guy. Here he sits.
4. Vancouver Canucks – Vasili Podkolzin
With other talented players on the board Rob takes the Russian who should make his way over by the time his Canucks will be in playoff contention.
5. Seattle Stoners – Kirby Dach
Just a guess that Rex takes the good ol’ western boy that has surprised in the NHL this year.
6. Toronto Maple Leafs – Dylan Cozens
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Turcotte go here either but It’ll be a forward in my opinion. Cozens would fit in with what the Leafs are trying to do at forward.
7. Washington Capitals – Alex Turcotte
Trust in the Process. This pick is a slam dunk for TGEGMOTBRHL.
8. Detroit Red Wings – Trevor Zegras
The Wings have a tough decision but decide to go with Zegras despite their strength at forward.
Philadelphia Flyers – Moritz Seider
Although Cam York is still on the board Anthony selects Seider who had a good year playing in the AHL.
10. San Jose Sharks – Victor Soderstrom
Between Soderstrom, Broberg or Heinola the Sharks decide to take SWEDISH defenceman Victor Soderstrom.
11. Los Angeles Kings (Via NJD)– Philip Broberg
Rumpy takes offensive D-man Broberg to go along with his all offence mindset.
12. St. Louis Blues- Matthew Boldy
Blues decide on Boldy who will inject some star power into Eric’s pipeline.
13. Arizona Coyotes – Alex Newhook
Rising on most draft boards Newhook is a solid add in this range.
14. Calgary Flames (Via ANA) – Cole Caufeild
Caufeild is a polarizing prospect but Kevin still decides its worth the risk. He’s probably right.
15. Los Angeles Kings - Payton Krebs
Kings go with a forward here that’ll be contributing to the offence in short order.
16. New Jersey Devils (Via NYR) – Ville Heinola
Steady D-man is the pick here for the Devils aging blueline.
17. Philadelphia Flyers (Via NAS) – Cam York
Anthony gets his man here.
18. Calgary Flames (Via PIT) – Spencer Knight
Kevin takes yet another swing at one of the most talented goalies we have seen the last few years.
19. Chicago Blackhawks – Thomas Harley
In a run of 3 straight picks Dave selects Harley.
20. Chicago Blackhawks (Via Min) – Phlip Tomasino
Tomasino had a dominant season in the OHL and will be a good add for the Hawks.
21. Chicago Blackhawks (Via Car) – Connor McMichael
Another player that had a spectacular season Dave adds McMichael to play on Tomasino’s wing.
22. New Jersey Devils (Via Bos) – Tobias Bjornfot
Originally I didn’t have Tim taking two D in the draft but having Heinola and Bjornfot on a future D corps looks like a promising start to a rebuild.
23. Tampa Bay Lightning – Ryan Suzuki
Don’t know why but feel like Eric will surprise us with his pick.
24. Detroit Red Wings (Via Dal) – Jakob Pelltier
25. Detroit Red Wings (Via Edm) – Nolan Foote
26. St. Louis Blues (Via Col) – Samuel Poulin
27. Buffalo Sabres (Via Ott) - Arthur Kaliyev
28. Calgary Flames (Via CBJ) – Brayden Tracey
29. Buffalo Sabres (Via Win) – Nils Hoglander
30. Calgary Flames (Via Mtl) – Shane Pinto
31. Edmonton Oilers (Via VGK) – Raphael Lavoie
32. New York Islanders – Bobby Brink